[PLUG] Launch executable, nothing happens?

Nick Aubert nickaubert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 06:12:49 UTC 2007

Do you know what your other players are using for their default output
plugin?  You should be able to find it from their configuration
settings.  I don't know what Gutsy uses by default, but my Gentoo
machine uses ALSA.  I'd be surprised if the RealPlayer audio output
issue weren't due to not using the same audio output plugin as the
others.

There's a post-XMMS Winamp-skinnable player called Audacious which
works for me.  It should be pretty stable.  The only problem I've ever
had with it is confusing it with Audacity because both project names
are based on the same pun.

-Nick