[PLUG] wireless question

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Sun Nov 25 06:35:40 UTC 2007

User Iam wrote:

> Update on wireless...
> I decided to make the network smaller and work with that .. then expand..
> Right now I have two wireless g routers and two computers..
> ONe computer goes to 1  g router..
> the routers are 192.168.2.1  and 192.168.2.2
> Computers are 192.168.2.10 and 192.168.2.100..
> Both routers are using g...
> SSID is default
> Channel  is 6...
> All security is turned off..
> One routers is set to access point only...
> And I cannot ping across the air gap...
> How do I trouble shoot this??

You may not be able to do what you're trying to do.  I would just get a
wireless card in the computer in the other room, or return that router
and get a WET54G (or equiv) bridge to attach to that machine.  If the
routers have advanced routing options which allow you to specify routes
then you might be able to pull this off, but I just don't see why
someone would want this complex for a home setup.

--
- m0gely