[PLUG] Screenshot builder for Linux

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 02:15:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:21:28 -0800
"Rogan Creswick" <creswick at gmail.com> dijo:

> Searching for visio linux apps returns an armfull of vector drawing
> apps (like kivio, xfig, inkscape and dia), and some of those would
> probably work if there were sufficient stencil sets available,
> unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I found the same limitation. I was told by a professor that Visio was
what he used for drawing x-bar syntax trees. I tried kivio and
discovered that I could not create a custom stencil set, nor could I
customize an existing stencil set. I ended up doing it laboriously in
OOo (which is what I still use). But OOo won't do what you need.

All I can suggest is that, as far as I know, Visio will run under Wine,
so at least you wouldn't have to switch computers or dual boot.