[PLUG] wireless question

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Nov 27 03:08:49 UTC 2007

Jon> For the Belkin, log in, and under the Under Wireless > Wireless
Jon> bridge section, configure as follows: * Check the "Enable
Jon> Wireless Bridging" checkbox [...]

Aha!  The Belkin *does* do a bridge mode.  My brief googling of the
product descriptions didn't turn that up.  According to this:

  <http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=f5d7230-4&aid=5130&scid=0&fid=1258&fn=wireless%20bridge.pdf>

   What is a Wireless Bridge?

   A wireless bridge is actually a "mode" in which your Wireless
   Router can directly connect to a secondary Wireless Access
   Point. Note that you can only bridge your 54g Wireless Router
   (Model F5D7230-4) to a Belkin 54g Wireless Access Point (model
   F5D7130). Bridging with other brands of Access Points is not
   supported at this time. [...]

I don't necessarily believe everything I read, but, thanks Jon for the
correction!  Page 3 of the PDF seems to show that the device supports
WDS with firmware Version 1.01.08 or higher.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net