[PLUG] Rip CD software

Paul Charles Leddy pcleddy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:23:11 UTC 2007

I've got a Japanese language course on 12 CDs I want to rip to mp3. On
Mac, all the mp3 info is perfect, but the CD drive is very slow and
unable to read the scratched disks, so hangs. On Linux, ripping flies,
but the mp3 info is very incomplete.

The core issue with these language courses is you want the tracks to
play in order on your mp3 device automatically, which I assume means
the track info has to be stored in the mp3 info, but not completely
sure, it might be based on the stored title.

So, anyone know of good Linux ripping software that does as good a job
at creating mp3 info as iTunes?