[PLUG] T61 piece of crap.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Nov 27 15:48:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Presumably you've already checked these out, but just in case:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T61
> http://ejahn.net/Members/eric/stories/t61_etch

I did look at those, but thank you very much.

One claims that the wifi and bluetooth lights never light up under Linux.
I read (perhaps incorrectly) that my bios revision would fix that, but
maybe that's not the case.  So I probably just need to bust out a
bluetooth device and give that a test.

The wifi, however, doesn't quite do what I want it to do.  I can build the
madwifi module as stated and insert it into the kernel with no errors.
dmesg tells me that the driver has loaded, but no wifi ethernet adapters
show in ifconfig.  So what's missing?

As for sound, I may well have to patch the alsa as stated.  It's
frustrating that all of this stuff is supported in CURRENT development
versions of the kernel/ALSA and still not accessible running Debian
unstable.  Grr.  Of course, I'm not patient enough to just shelve the
thing until after Christmas when the release cycles come 'round.

So... still hunting for ideas.

J.