[PLUG] Screenshot builder for Linux

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:50:10 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 11:38 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Alan Olsen wrote:
> >
> > You could always try using the Glade Interface designer.

I've tried Glade.  It's to pedantic (with good reason -- it's meant to
build something far more complex than a screenshot), but if I didn't
have vmware running with Visio, then I would probably be using a
mixture of Glade, Inkscape and the Gimp.

>    IIRC, Glade allows saving in .xml. And, I believe that Dia can read .xml
> files -- or can be made to do so with a python script.

Hm... I've trained myself to ignore the string "xml" most of the time,
since virtually anything can write data in xml and it's rare that the
xml schemas are compatible.  Often knowing that an application will
write to xml is no more useful than knowing that it will write to
disk.  This might provide a good shortcut for generating the Dia
shapes & sheets though.

--Rogan