[PLUG] Screenshot builder for Linux

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 20:45:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:42:34 -0800
"Rogan Creswick" <creswick at gmail.com> dijo:

> Ah.. that page seems to address getting new sheets into the dia
> distribution, but it did turn me on to some new keywords, resulting in
> this link:
>
> http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Walkthrough_Creating0.html
>
> which gives a short tutorial for creating custom shapes, so there is
> hope.  I'll take a more in-depth look at it as I have time.  It may be
> possible to start up a small project to create some screenshot mockup
> sheets afterall :)  (although getting the svg to scale properly for
> more complex widgets is probably non-trivial... anyone else interested
> in helping make shapes?)

I'd be interested in learning how to make shapes but the shapes I want
are definitely not the shapes anyone else wants. (Don't think about
that sentence too much.) I want shapes that llok like ^, where I can
have branching nodes underneath, and text under the nodes. However, I
also need to write text, as with a word processor including UTF-8
characters. I'm not sure if Kivio or Dia would be up to the text part.