[PLUG] Greets!

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Oct 3 09:05:47 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Krumwiede <kjkrum at comcast.net> writes:

Kevin> Just found the PLUG business card in a computer store on SE
Kevin> Powell.  I've been using Linux since about 2000.  And,
Kevin> umm... yep.  That's me in a nutshell.

Kevin> Quick question: I wrote a small Java app to do something in a
Kevin> shell script, but I'm hoping someone knows of an existing
Kevin> native app that would do the same thing for me... namely, read
Kevin> an 8x8 pixel monochrome .PNG and spit out a string of 1s and 0s
Kevin> corresponding to the pixel values. (This is for a
Kevin> proof-of-concept visual similarity duplicate image finder, in
Kevin> case anyone wonders.)

Try:

  $ convert foo.png foo.txt

The "convert" program is part of ImageMagick.  You can apply the
manipulator of your choice to the output to get precisely the format
you want.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net