[PLUG] Joe Jobbed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 4 15:17:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Been happening to me for years (think of how many times
> 'merlyn at stonehenge.com' might have been scraped by now.

   The spam attempts that puzzle me the most (and for which the subscribers
of both the mail help and postfix mail lists had no insight) are the
messages addressed to 'rshepardXXXX at ...' where the XXXX represent four
random characters. I can reject hundreds of those per day. Why anyone would
think they'd hit on a legitimate username that way escapes my comprehension.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)