[PLUG] Joe Jobbed

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Thu Oct 4 17:32:52 UTC 2007

Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Ed Sawicki wrote:
>> My mail server has been joe jobbed. Any advice is appreciated.
>> The story so far is here:
>>
>> http://www.biznix.org/articles/technical/joejob.html
>
> FUT http://fut.patch.com/
> Warning there are memory footprint issues, but it runs fine on my box with
> 512M that serves mail, time, web, yada yada yada.
> Requires iptables and a few Perl modules on your box.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already do this (without Perl
and without memory issues) for real spammers and it works well.
But this backscatter volume is high and would create thousands
of rules. Besides it's coming from legitimate mail servers just
doing their job - victims like me. I'd like to find a better way.

Ed