[PLUG] Joe Jobbed

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Oct 5 00:05:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Ken Hill wrote:

> I think I will do some research into what State governments and the Federal
> government is doing to legislate SPAM. IMHO, SPAM is like telemarketing; I
> don't like it but there appears to be some legal protections with respect to
> free speech.

This is not Free Speach.  This is abuse of resources. I have yet to find a
spammer that uses his own machines and bandwidth.  Instead they use any
machine they can hijack.  They steal resources.

The feds go after them when they can.  Many are off shore.

The only spammer that has been delt with effectivly was a Russian a few
years back.  I think they found him in a ditch.

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.