[PLUG] Joe Jobbed

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Oct 5 17:28:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, alan wrote:
>
>> Hosting sites that do not install Yum.  (I know of at least one.)  I blame
>> Plesk.
>
> Alan/Paul/Michael/Aaron:
>
>   Thanks very much for the insight. I looked up Plesk on the Web and see how
> it leads to a false sense of competence. Scary!

It is even worse than that.  Its choices in software are hard to
administer outside of the tools provided. For example, the version of
Qmail they use has special hacks that provide their functionality, but
does not include the patch that 99% of all spam programs for Qmail want to
hook into it.

Not fun.

As for my opinion of Qmail, please read me sig line...

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.