[PLUG] Permissions Denied - CDROM

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 18:10:45 UTC 2007

Tony Rick wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Can anyone offer an idea as to why I get "Permissions Denied" when I try
>> to mount certain CDROMs?

> There are many posts out there that turn up by googling ' Suse CD-rom
> "permissions denied" '.

Go away on vacation and forget all about step 1 in troubleshooting.

> A couple of them said that Suse 10.1 doesn't need a
> cdrom entry in /etc/fstab,
> and that removing that entry  solved the problem.

Thanks. That did the trick. The only difference is that a Konqueror
window showing the contents of the CD no longer starts automagically.
That is a minor convenience that I can easily get around. The CD still
auto-mounted.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens