[PLUG] How to kill firefox.bin

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 21:17:14 UTC 2007

It locked up and I can't kill it. I have a Force Quit button that I
keep on my panel. It appeared to have killed it, but when I try to
relaunch Firefox it tells me that it is already running. System Monitor
shows firefox.bin running as a zombie. I right-clicked on it and tried
all the options (stop process, end process, kill process), but it won't
die. I opened a terminal and tried top, but it is not listed in top.
However, System Monitor says it is process 15852, so I just entered
that in top as the process to kill. Still no joy.

Those are the only ways I know of to kill something. Can someone
suggest a tool with a heavier payload? Nuclear?