[PLUG] A Distribution Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 7 22:18:20 UTC 2007

   I know others here run Slackware, so this is addressed to those folks.

   This weekend I've sort of upgraded my notebook from Slackware-11.0 to
-12.0, but have encountered major network and X issues. Is
alt.os.linux.slackware the best source for help, or are there mail lists or
other resources that might be better. Yes, there are _major_ changes in the
upgrade, more serious than the upgrade from -10.2 to -11.0. And, I followed
the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file step-by-step.

   For example, I cannot connect to the network and there is no longer
'route' or 'netstat'. And, my Xfce4 configuration was blown away, and
running that app trashes the display. I'm stymied and need expert help.

   Of course, I'm not upgrading -- or starting to, at any rate -- my
workstation/server until I get all these issues resolved and know how to
make the second box go smoothly and error-free.

   Pointers to resources appreciated (and not not to whatever your favorite
distribution is).

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)