[PLUG] A Distribution Question

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:24:46 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Quentin Hartman wrote:
>
> > When I was running ye olde Slack, I got most of my help in #slackware on
> > EFnet. I see they also have a freenode channel nowadays. I'm sure
> someone
> > in there would be willing and able to help you out.
>
>    Thanks, Quentin. I'll give that a try ... as soon as I find a tool and
> learn how to use it. :-)

I'm sorry, I always assume that everyone is familiar with IRC. If you have
a  functional X setup, xchat is one of the better IRC clients on Linux. If
you are console-only, Irssi is probably your best bet. If stranded on a
Windows machine, Mirc would be my first choice. All of those (except maybe
Irssi?) include server lists out of the box, connect to either the list
Freenode or EFnet server, and once connected, join the #slackware channel.
This can be done by entering "/join #slackware" on the IRC command line.
More good info for new IRC users can be found at http://www.irchelp.org/.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-