[PLUG] NFS mounted home directories

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Oct 9 23:26:25 UTC 2007

>>>>> "denali" == denali  <denali at dsl-only.net> writes:

Russell> I am wanting to set up nfs mounted home directories for a
Russell> bunch of boxes on my network.  I'd like to ask
Russell> folks-in-the-know where the gotchas are likely to be.  The
Russell> goal being that it won't matter where one sits down, they'll
Russell> be able to login and have their homedir right there.  One
Russell> issue I've already thought about (but haven't tested or
Russell> solved) is the issue of simultaneously "open" mozilla
Russell> profiles on separate boxes (I'd rather not have to go "oh"
Russell> and then chase over to the other box to close things down).
Russell> Any clues/solutions/workarounds are welcome.

Russell> Thanks for the insight.

denali> Start by making sure your UIDs/GIDs are consistant across all
denali> systems.

That one I knew, but thanks just the same.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net