[PLUG] NFS mounted home directories

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Oct 10 01:49:04 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Terry" == Terry Griffin <griffint at pobox.com> writes:

Terry> What normally happens in environments like this is a user will
Terry> opt to login to just one host using a GUI session. From there
Terry> they will text login to the other hosts. This works well with a
Terry> common NFS home.

Yeah, well in my case that sucks. ;) I've got two desktops and I want
to have browsers running on both of them, while sharing a homedir.  I
guess to refine my query, what's the nicest way to do that.

The only other application I care about is Emacs, and the only problem
there might be Gnus (and actually, things are getting better in that
regard, with some recent development work), but I am willing to live
with that particular problem for now.

The browser problem is the one I am most interested in finding a good
solution to.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net