[PLUG] Best live CD for a MacBook

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 03:18:48 UTC 2007

On 10/10/2007 11:18 AM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Even though Ubuntu is not providing Mac live CDs anymore (sigh),  the
> older Dapper CDs should work OK.

Ubuntu may not be providing them, but you can download CDs of Ubuntu
Feisty 7.04 for the older Macs (PPC variety):

In fact, I installed Feisty on a PBG4 laptop a few weeks ago.  With the
exception of wifi, it works great.  Note that the download page also has
images for SPARCS, Itaniums, and PlayStation3s.

I'm not sure about the newer x86 Macs.  I believe they can run the
standard x86 Ubuntu.  My recommendation is to download the iso, burn a
CD, plop it in a Mac, and boot while holding the C key.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
- Robert