[PLUG] Ubuntu CDs for Clinic

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 17:35:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:02:56 -0700
Winterbeast <winter.beast at verizon.net> wrote:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
> >The final of Gutsy will be released Thursday. I will download Ubuntu,
> >Kubuntu, Xubuntu and amd64 Ubuntu and burn several copies to bring
> >with me. I also have the 64-bit Fedora 8, Test 3 if anyone wants it.

>     My laptop running Fiesty Fawn is running along just fine. At what
> point should I consider the upgrade to Gutsy Gibbon?
> I look at this thing to see how many games I can run on it. Yes, Yes,
> I am aware that the winduhs boxes do that better,
> but I want to make a linux box be gamer freindly. (as much as I can
> afford)  The Business software alliance ever looks at me
> and I give them the middle finger. to turn on the linux box...

You are asking the wrong person. I am not a gamer. My Feisty computers
don't even have solitaire on them. Perhaps someone else knows about
running games on Linux.

However, I can suggest that you try the live CD of Gutsy anyway. As
long as you have a net connection you can install anything you want
while it's running live to try it out.