[PLUG] Virtual Iron

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 20:45:29 UTC 2007

Recently hardware that is enhanced for virtualization, notably the AMD-V and Intel VT CPUs have emerged. Not all of it is expensive--a Pentium D 920 CPU is about $130 on Ebay.

You can download securable.exe and execute it with WINE to see if you have these capabilities. I don't.

Nevertheless, I use virtual machines, so this technology interests me. Does it enhance the performance of VM's a lot? If so, can someone suggest desktop PC's or components that have this capability?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/