[PLUG] Virtual Iron

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Thu Oct 18 21:17:02 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07 1:52 PM, alan wrote:
> I plan on buying an AMD64 dual core machine in the next couple of months.
> I have yet to be able to figure out what of the AMD64 processors support
> the hardware virtualization.  (Hopefully it does since that is one of the
> main reasons I am buying a new machine.)

You just have to be careful to read motherboard reviews - just because
they support a chip that has VT, doesn't mean they support VT. It's
extremely frustrating to get a new server with VT-enabled chips to find
that 1.5 years after release, IBM still hasn't enabled it in the BIOS.
Grrrrr. (I've seen this happen on some consumer stuff too)

 -Charlie