[PLUG] Resolved: SuSE 10.1 YaST Online Update broke stuff

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 22:41:00 UTC 2007

Don J. wrote:
> Here's a javascript converter for epoch time:
>
> http://www.esqsoft.com/javascript_examples/date-to-epoch.htm

Thanks. I'll save that for future use.

> The entry in that log would be Tue Oct 09 2007 15:39:35 GMT-0700 (PDT).
>
> When I said to check the logs, I actually meant to start the VMs,
> after you had solved the problem.

Starting the VM was the problem.

> Try running VMWare from a terminal
> window, and I suspect you'll see it freaking out over not having any
> kernel modules loaded/available.

rsteff at Moonguide:~> vmware
vmware is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured
for this system. To (re-)configure it, invoke the following command:
/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl.

I ran vmware-config.pl as root. It complained about a minor version
difference for gcc, which I told it to ignore. It started just fine
after that, and it fixed a problem with poor quality sound.

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens