[PLUG] Thinkpad T61

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Oct 19 18:00:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:28:47AM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> In shopping for a new laptop the Thinkpad T61 is currently at the top
> of my list (but the list order sometimes changes hourly).

When I'm thinking laptops and not trying to be overly parsimonious,
Thinkpads end up at the top of my list.  They're nice-looking,
well-designed, not unpleasant to support, and usually run the OS of
one's choice beautifully.  When I get a Real Job, I hope to replace my
aging Dell with a Thinkpad X series.

> What features did you get?
> What features do you wish you hadn't ordered?
> What features do you wish you had ordered?

Out of curiosity, what's your answers to these for your last laptop?
I've never bought a new laptop, but my list of extras are high-cap
battery + spare, power-supply, dock (if cheap) and a DVD-RW drive.
Extra warranty, if cheap.

> Where did you get it, what is the best place?

Find a friendly IBM employee.  You just need their name and ID to get
some great discounts at IBM's online store.