[PLUG] Thinkpad T61

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Fri Oct 19 18:06:44 UTC 2007

My company just replaced my old Thinkpad T42P that had overheating issues
with a new T61.

The issues I recall that I encountered.
1. My T61 has a very new nvidia chipset, it did not work properly with the
opensource nvidia driver.  It only worked with the newer nvidia commercial
driver and vesa.
2. The software to run the fingerprint scanner doesn't work very reliably (I
never tried it under windows so it could perform the same there)
3. The battery life isn't any better than the older T42P I'm replacing (not
just a Linux issue, it's not very good under windows XP)