[PLUG] HP Laserjet 6P needs service...

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Oct 19 21:13:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:56:04PM -0700, robinson-west user wrote:
> CompUSA wants hundreds of dollars to work on it.

Sounds about right.

> It is smearing over a quarter of the page.

I don't entirely understand what you mean by that, but have you checked
inside to make sure there aren't any stray bits of paper, toner leaks or
gummed-up rollers?

> Help, can I get this printer fixed for less than $150?

Only if you do it yourself.  And you can get a new Samsung for like $100.

> If not, is there a recycler that will take it so that
> I don't have to throw it in the dump?

Free Geek.  And you could check their thriftstore for another printer.
1731 SE 10th Ave, open 11-7 Tue - Sat.