[PLUG] HP Laserjet 6P needs service...

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Fri Oct 19 21:19:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 02:13:38PM -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:

> > Help, can I get this printer fixed for less than $150?
>
> Only if you do it yourself.  And you can get a new Samsung for like
> $100.

Parts are still available for most decent printers (even the old
ones). fixyourownprinter.com is a good place to start. You can usually
find repair kits on eBay, too. A typical overhaul kit is usually ~$50.

The $100 Samsung printers are crap, especially compared to an older HP
boat anchor Laserjet.

--
Paul