[PLUG] Thinkpad T61

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sat Oct 20 02:19:16 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:28 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> In shopping for a new laptop the Thinkpad T61 is currently at the top
> of my list (but the list order sometimes changes hourly). I'm pretty
> sure I've seen comments here by someone who has one. Comments
> would be welcome (off-list), and specifically regarding:
>
> What features did you get?
> What features do you wish you hadn't ordered?
> What features do you wish you had ordered?
> Where did you get it, what is the best place?
> Is it possible to find one in a store in Portland to look at?
> Which distro/architecture do you use on it? Issues?

My last laptop was an A30 Thinkpad that I bought refurbished on EBay I
looked specifically for a 1440x1050 display, it had a 30GB disk and an
ATI display controller all well supported, though I did have to did a
little have some trouble with one ubuntu upgrade and the ATI. This
spring when I decided it was time to get a new laptop I when to Lenovo
and ordered a new one T60, Dual core Duo, 2 GB memory 160GB disk, the
Intel display controller, the Intel Wireless, 1680x1050 (I'd like more
pixels), bigger battery.  I run ubuntu and this hardware is well
supported, I assume the T61 has similar options.