[PLUG] Thinkpad T61

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Oct 20 04:55:16 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Kurt" == Kurt Sussman <plug at merlot.com> writes:

Kurt> A happy update to my saga; I just got an email saying that my
Kurt> order has shipped. They still need to fix their status
Kurt> reporting, but at least it's shipping close to the predicted
Kurt> date. Tomorrow I find out whether it shipping from China or from
Kurt> somewhere in the US.

When mine shipped (a T42 two years ago), I got the most amusing UPS
tracking information.  It left Hong Kong and went to Japan, then LA,
then Alaska, then who knows where.  Before it even showed as in
Portland, they had already delivered it.  Or something.  I may have
the details wrong, but the incoherence of the data I *do* remember.
UPS tracking is horrible.

Anyway, I love my T42.  I have the 1400x1050 display.  I wouldn't want
the wide screen version, as the size tradeoff doesn't seem worth it.
My wife just took a nice looking T60 on a business trip.  The X-series
ThinkPads I'd consider too.  No DVD/CD player, but lightweight!

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net