[PLUG] Downloads slow you say?

Sean Whitney sean.whitney at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 19:02:29 UTC 2007

I must work too closely to the cable industry.  Comcast has deployed their
Sandvine solution.  I knew this was coming last year.  Time-Warner is
deploying Sandvine as well, although their architecture is very different.

Adelphia had Sandvine deployed.  I will bet that Charter is deploying
Sandvine as well.

This really only applies to file sharing applications, although Sandvine
will also allow you to mitigate virus traffic as well.  Usually the way
Sandvine is deployed is it tries to force file sharing applications to
prefer other filesharers who are on the same network, in an effort to lower
outbound traffic costs.

http://www.sandvine.com/

Sean