[PLUG] Clinic Heads Up

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 20 20:49:03 UTC 2007

   The folks at the Ubuntu party had no idea why the wireless networking on
the ThinkPad 600E wasn't working. It showed the same symptoms I experienced
last business trip with the Sony: ifconfig showed the network running,
iwconfig showed the wireless card connecting to the access point, iwlist
scan showed all the nodes, but no IP address and no connection anywhere.

   So, I'll be at tomorrow's clinic and hope that you wireless gurus can help
me get wireless networking on this laptop working. The installed
distribution is Xubuntu-7.10.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)