[PLUG] A Different Wireless Connection Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 23 14:02:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Russell Senior wrote:

> Call me a genius if you want. I won't argue.

Russell,

   I'm always impressed by your modesty ... and your insight and knowledge.

> But here is your problem. You have two interfaces on the same network.
> Your packets are going out the wrong one. Anyway, that's my guess.

   Accurate guess. That's exactly what was happening.

> Just try to tell me that isn't your problem. I dare you!

   Nope, you're correct.

   Even though eth0 is not running, it has routes set up and the packets seem
to prefer it over eth1. All I did now was 'ifconfig eth0 down' and I can
ping other hosts from the notebook.

Many thanks for the lesson,

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)