[PLUG] Extract stuffit?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Oct 23 16:10:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Ubuntu Gutsy amd64
>
> Archive Manager (I think it's file-roller with an Ubuntu label on it)
> says the .sit format is not supported. I know .sit is a Mac thing, but
> surely Linux has a way to extract it, right?

There is a Linux version of unstuffit.  It is pretty lame as archivers go.
(Contrary to what they tell you on their web site.  For one thing, every
other archiver will allow you to validate if an archive is complete and
undamaged.)

Look on freshmeat.net.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.