[PLUG] Resolved: x10 and serial port

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 16:29:27 UTC 2007

(For the archives. I know I solved this problem with PLUG assistance,
but I can't find the solution in the archives. This entry should change
that.)

An annoyance of upgrading an otherwise working installation is that
things break. I had a working x10 program that talks to my x10
Powerhouse home automation controller. Since I ran the upgrade from
YaST, it no longer works. Here's the error message:

rsteff at Moonguide:~/Downloads/x10> x10 info
x10: can't open tty line

The x10 program uses a config file called x10config. A line in that file
reads:

TTY             /dev/ttyX10

In order for that to have any meaning, that needs to be a link to ttyS0.
It is created in /dev by typing:

Moonguide:/dev # ln ttyS0 ttyX10

--
Regards,