[PLUG] Right angle cat6 cable

Kurt Sussman plug at merlot.com
Thu Oct 25 16:26:01 UTC 2007

John Jason Jordan (johnxj at comcast.net) typed this ...
> On my old computer the RJ45 jack was toward the back of the computer.
> On my new, beautiful Thinkpad T61 (love it!) it is in the middle of the
> left side. This gets in the way of things I want to put there, e.g.,
> books. It would be nice if I could find a cat6 cable that has a right
> angle connector, or a right-angle adapter. Does anyone know if such can
> be obtained, preferably from someone in Stumptown?

I'm rearranging my desk so the books can sit on the right. Maybe that
won't work for you... I'm also plugging a second monitor into my T61
(after Anchorage it went to Kentucky, and then to my door) so I can't
really use a right-angle connector.

I get all my cables from PCHcables.com. He's out by Intel, but it's not
that far and shipping is reasonable. He has almost everything and if he
doesn't have it, he'll find it. My most recent request was 12" power
cords, very useful for cleaning up rat's nests in the server cabinet and
under the desk.

--Kurt