[PLUG] Docking Station! was: Right angle cat6

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:43:20 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Jason Martin <nsxfreddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, the T61 needs a "mini-dock" (~$100), which is totally different
> from the old Thinkpad docks.  Don't waste your money on a new full
> dock though ($250?), the mini dock has all the connectors you could
> want.  I think the new dock is compatible with the T60, so there might
> be a few used ones out there.

The full dock (at least one of them) does offer some pretty impressive
benefits though -- it's worth considering, in any case.  (A port
replicator will solve the cable issue also, I think.)  The full dock
has space for additional drive(s?), a desktop video card, and I think
another ultrabay in addition to all the normal "dock" stuff, so you
can run dual displays, store your media collection / etc. at home, but
still only have one computer.. (it also makes the cheaper or
power-saving hardware more appealing since you can still have space
and acceleration at home.)

--Rogan