[PLUG] Docking Station! was: Right angle cat6

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 27 03:42:17 UTC 2007

Russell> All this brainstorming has got me thinking of the *perfect*
Russell> solution.  Strip the outer jacket off of some cat6, crimp a
Russell> tip on, make a right angle bend with the now-quite-flexible
Russell> wires......
Ronald> <http://www.google.com/search?q=Cat+6+bend+radius>

Russell> And this argues against my hoop staple idea exactly how?!

Ronald> I trimmed it a tad. *Right angles* are fine within a
Ronald> reasonable bend radius. Too harsh of a bend, and signal
Ronald> quality degrades. Hoop staples can be great as long as they
Ronald> don't damage the wire.

At the risk of ruining the joke, the hoop staples remark was meant to
be funny.  John's T61 is gorgeous (if too wide for my tastes).  The
mere idea of stapling some cabling into the plastic shell was meant to
elicit twinges of horror.

Sorry if I was too subtle or not funny enough.

seniorr at aracnet.com