[PLUG] Modem setup for Chuck Metzger

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:45:06 UTC 2007

On 10/28/07, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:

> Tony Rick wrote:
>
> > The workaround was to use wvdial directly.
> > Whoever helped him set up a 'green telephone'  icon on the upper tool
> bar
> > that did that directly.
>
> Did you try having him right click on the icon to see if there is a
> "configure" or "properties" option? If the phone number's not there,
> maybe some hint as to the location of the file in question might be.

Yes, I did (except that his mouse is setup left handed, so it was really a
left-click).  He reported that there was nothing there.  Of course, what he
thinks
'nothing' is and what I think 'nothing' is are probably different things.
I'm trying
to help him on the phone, which is awkward to start with, and he only has
one
line, so we can't do a full on trial-and-error.

- tony