[PLUG] Modem setup for Chuck Metzger (Tony Rick)

Dale Snell ddsnell at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 06:44:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:55:04 -0700

> The second dialer setup using wvdial directly, whatever it is, is a
> complete end-run.  I think that's why I suspected a direct invocation
> of wvdial with an independent configuration.  I was hoping against
> hope that someone would remember this particular instance.
>
> Thanks for the contributions, people.  I think Chuck is just going to
> wait for the next Clinic.
>
> - tony

According to wvdial's man page, its configuration file defaults
to /etc/wvdial.config.  On my Fedora 7 box, that's where it is.
If it's not there, try doing a "locate wvdial" in the shell and see
where things really are.  Then you can edit it to your heart's content.
See the wvdial(1) and wvdial.config(5) man pages for details.

I used to use wvdial back before I got DSL, but that was a long time
ago and I don't remember the details.  It seems to me that there was a
GUI app available for controlling it, but I can't remember the name
(sorry!).  I don't think it was part of the wvdial package, though.

--Dale

--
Q:  What lies on the bottom of the ocean and twitches?
A:  A nervous wreck.