[PLUG] Tech Requirements for Speak Shop - Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 31 16:03:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> There's a Spanish learning web site that ties together students with
> under-employed tutors in Guatemala.  Lower cost lessons for the student,
> way above average wages for the tutors.  Unfortunately, they have some
> issues with Linux. As the tech support person said:

Michael,

   Ekiga (formerly GnomeMeeting) supports video and _may_ interoperate with
Skype; I don't recall whether it does, but there was a thread on the mail
list about this.

   I'm surprised there's not a F/OSS application that has equivalent
functionality as the Flass stuff while running on Microsoft, linux, and
MacOSX.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)