[PLUG] Tech Requirements for Speak Shop - Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 31 16:52:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, alan wrote:

> It is supposed to, but there is a bug that causes it to core. It is being
> fixed.

Alan,

   Thanks for that insight.

> Much of the F/OSS stuff works better. (Mainly because when problems
> occur, they get fixed. Not so for a lot of proprietary code.) When the
> TWiT people tried using Skype for conferencing they got a lot of
> mismatched time delay problems. (Maybe that is fixed now. I don't
> teleconference very often.)

   I would like to use Ekiga for video teleconferences with clients and
prospective clients. But, I found the video part to be problematic; it won't
recognize my web cam that sits here staring at me from the top of the
monitor frame. I'd like to see that fixed RSN.

   In the meantime, voice conference calls for the price of calling an
out-of-state number works for us.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)