[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 37, Issue 87

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Oct 31 22:53:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:28:27AM -0700, Scott Howard wrote:
> I am looking for a program that will allow an offsite backup of our
> linux servers. Any thoughts.

Folks mentioned my usual choices, rsync (basic) and Dirvish (which is
rsync with frosting and sprinkles on top.)  Where were you thinking of
backing up to, and how?  Were you wanting a nice GUI interface with
searches and individual file access or just a "get 'er done" commandline
deal that runs from cron?

I'll note that Dreamhost offers a webhosting plan that includes 500GB of
storage for $120/yr, and you can get like $97 off that price if you find
a coupon.