[PLUG] Bizarre network problem

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:37:51 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Quentin Hartman <qhartman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tried switching the wireless bridge into WDS mode, it does not
> > associate with the access point :( It works fine when it's in "AP
> > client" mode, but then I get these strange issues that on the wired
> > segment behind the "AP client" some hosts can't see each other.
> >

> I've only worked with one wireless bridge device, so this may not be true in
> your case, but the one I worked with did all sorts of weird stuff ARP
> related stuff to make "AP client mode" work. As Russell mentioned, I've only
> ever gotten satisfactory results out of them when using WDS.

Ok, so the conclusion seems to be that if I put the bridge into "AP
client" mode, I can have only one computer connected to it, not two.
This appears to be consistent with the observations: one of the three
computers on the switch behind the bridge will work, the other two
won't, and if I powercycle the bridge then the different one may start
working (but the other one will stop working).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com