[PLUG] wow, HPLIP scanning is painless

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:48:36 UTC 2007

On Debian (etch) with an all-in-one HP 3050 laser + scanner, all I had
to do was click through a few pages in cups and the printer works (of
course.)

But what really blew me away was how simple the ADF (multi-page)
scanning was.

  aptitude install hplip sane-utils
  scanimage --batch-count=2

This is awesome given that most ADF scanners are unsupported on Linux
(or cost an arm+leg and still don't have any linux drivers from the
manufacturer.)

Go HP!  Wow.  That's all.

--Eric
--
If the above message is encrypted and you have lost your pgp key, please
send a self-addressed, stamped lead box to the address below.