[PLUG] The PLUG Library is now available

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Sep 11 00:52:07 UTC 2007

The pages are up for the PLUG distributed book library, on the new Wiki.
See [ www DOT pdxlinux DOT org SLASH wiki SLASH PlugLibrary ] and read
the details there.  Expect the rules to evolve, as we encounter and
circumvent various forms of wickedness .

Right now, the library is three boxes of books in my basement, mostly
publisher donations from OSCON.  Eventually, those will be distributed
out to Library members, and circulated between Library members - there
will be no permanent central repository.  You can become a PLUG Library
member by logging into the wiki, setting up a user page with enough
information to contact you, and by acting like a responsible adult
( this excludes about 5% of the users of the mailing list ).  This is
NOT a perk for PLUG members, but friends sharing books with friends,
so please behave.

If you sign up, and email requests, I will bring books to either the
Clinic on the 16th or the Advanced topics meeting on the 17th.  I can
also give you a book if come to my house in Beaverton, or at the next
general meeting on October 4th.  I consider some of the books "checked
out" to me, but I will try to be done with them by the November 19th
advanced topics meetings.

You can also donate books.  I'm designing some stickers to go in and
on the books;  I will bring some to the meetings.  the image will be
up on the wiki soon, so you can print more.

Again, we are making this up as we go along.  Let's see if we can
invent a new kind of book library.

Keith