[PLUG] cisco 678

Bruce KIlpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 15:51:31 UTC 2007

drew wymore wrote:
> On 9/10/07, m0gely <m0gely at telestream.com> wrote:
>
>> Bruce KIlpatrick wrote:
>>

>>> The Verizon web page does not list any Cisco products as being
>>> compatible.  It lists Westell and Actiontech.
>>>
>> Most often this type of scenario really means they don't want to
>> "support" any additional devices.
>>
>> --
>> - m0gely
>>

> IIRC Verizon used  frame dslams back in the  day and now they're using
> DSL2  capable gear. FWIW we do have Cisco 877's deployed on the Verizon
> network where I work and they function fine.
>
> Drew-

Perhaps I should clarify a little.
I am using the Actiontech modem/wireless as a modem these days.  We have
a D-Link set up doing routing/ wireless.  The Actiontech has suffered
from the symptoms described early on in this thread...All I really need
is a quality/affordable, Verizon DSL compatible modem that works.
Someone said early on that the Actiontech without wireless worked well
on the systems they were familiar with...

Thanks for the responses.

Bruce