[PLUG] cisco 678

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Tue Sep 11 16:41:20 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Bruce KIlpatrick <bakilpatrick at verizon.net> wrote:

> Perhaps I should clarify a little.
> I am using the Actiontech modem/wireless as a modem these days.  We have
> a D-Link set up doing routing/ wireless.  The Actiontech has suffered
> from the symptoms described early on in this thread...All I really need
> is a quality/affordable, Verizon DSL compatible modem that works.
> Someone said early on that the Actiontech without wireless worked well
> on the systems they were familiar with...
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> Bruce

I also have an Actiontec modem/wireless. It has been working flawlessly for
3 days now that the phone company found where the problem was in the line.
These can be a very difficult things to find. My experience so far is that
DSL troubles are usually caused by defects in the line between the modem and
the phone companies remote. Try to get those fixed first. On the other hand
as Ed has mentioned some problems can be fixed with another modem which
might be a quicker fix than finding trouble in the line.

Bill