[PLUG] Need Help Starting X on Rebuilt Box

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Sep 11 16:48:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, alan wrote:
>
>> Which chipset?  Which distro and version of X?  It may need to be reported
>> as a bug.
>
>   The ASUS M2NPV-VM comes with the nVidia GeForce 6150 GPU on the
> northbridge and the nVidia nForce 430 MCP on the southbridge.
>
>   Haven't yet upgraded, so it's Slackware-11.0 and
> x11-6.9.0-i486-14_slack11.0; the latter upgrade came out a few weeks ago.

It may be that the PCI ID is new enough that the system does not see it
as an nVIDIA card.  I have encountered that before on really new systems
and older distros.

Trying to remember how the pci_id->driver is configured...  Need more
coffee.

--
Refrigerator Rule #1: If you don't remember when you bought it, Don't eat it.