[PLUG] TV tuner card experiences/recommendations?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 22:57:07 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Rogan Creswick <creswick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/12/07, Quentin Hartman <qhartman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a Wintv-pvr 250 that works well also. However, you might want to
> > consider http://www.pchdtv.com/ , it does HD as well as SD, and was
> designed
> > for Linux from the ground up.
>

> The 350 seems like overkill, and I'm not hurting for cycles on this
> machine (dual-core Athlon 5600), so a bit of software decoding
> shouldn't hurt.

I made a similar assessment, and although I haven't used my 250 much, what
little I've done has worked well. The one thing I've discovered about the
350 that would be a meaningful improvement over the 250 for me is that I
like the remote the 350 comes with better than the 250...

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-